Thursday, July 16, 2009

I love it when a plan comes together

The month of July has been a very busy one for me. Multi-tasking at its best. So far this month, I've written nearly 15000 words on the next book I plan to submit to Red Sage (that's due by July 31). What sucks is that I didn't get to keep all those words Things keep changing because my characters keep surprising me! Only a few more thousand words and it will be done. I hope to have it finished by The 25th, so if you're interested in being a beta reader for me, let know. I will really appreciate it!
While I've been writing that book, I've also been plotting the next two books that will feature characters from Her Dark Master. Tori's brothers - Ryder, the legitimate heir and Wolffe, the bastard. I had hoped to be able to send in Ryder's story at the end of July, but that is not going to happen. C'est la vie. Along with my critique partner Mae, I had a huge breakthrough in both books last night. The energy is humming like crazy and my writing muse is impatiently demanding I write til my fingers bleed. I'm doing all that I can to accommodate her (a good thing since my muse is a Wolfrider who carries a very big sword!)
Also this month is the big RWA National Conference in Washington, DC. I wasn't able to attend this year, but I'm getting updates and pictures from my friends who are there. The big awards ceremony, which is the Oscars of Romance Writing, will be on Saturday and I have several people I'm cheering for! In case you haven't read these authors, get thee to a bookstore fast and pick them up!
Here's who I'm rooting for:
Best Series Category in Romantic Suspense - Diana Duncan with Lethal Attraction (This book was so good I read it twice in one week and each time found something new. It's a total emotion book - laughter, crying, anticipation and some kick-ass action)
Historical Romance - Lisa Kleypas with Seduce me at Sunrise. You can't go wrong with a Kleypas book. So full of tenderness and memorable characters. It's definitely on my keeper shelf.
Regency Historical Romance - Julia Quinn with Mr. Cavendish, I Presume. It's a JQ, need I say more? A great, fun romp with witty dialogue, intense emotion and a whole new set of characters with which you can fall in love and revisit without ever tiring of them.
Romance Novella - Julia London with Snowy Night with a Highlander in the Snowy Night with a Stranger Novella. It's got a tragic Scot mixed with delicious and evocative writing. This is the story that led me to buy every one of Julia's backlist books.
Young Adult Romance - Tina Ferraro with How To Hook A Hottie. This fun story has a single minded heroine who doesn't quit. I loved the trials she went through to realize her goals. A very excellent read!

The big show is on Saturday so good luck to everyone!

P.S. Have you read a good book this year? I hope so! Tell me about some of your favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment