Monday, March 1, 2010

Catch up - again!

So, recently I was chastised (rightly so!) for not updating my blog. I mean, for Pete's Sake, the book came out on September 1 and I didn't even mention it here. So, consider this your update. You can roll on over to www.eredsage.com and buy my book today! How cool is that? I'm still so very stoked about it. That's about all the catching up I have for the moment.
On to other random thoughts.



I'm hard at work on the THIRD total overhaul and re-write of Ryder's story, which I have titled Keys to Submission. Thankfully this one seems to be IT. The real deal it. I have agonized over this book trying to find the right storyline, the right heroine, the right everything. Nothing was working and I was ready to tear my hair out. Not to mention hide under a rock since I promised this book to my editor eons ago. And I do mean eons. I hate missing deadlines, even ones I make up myself.
That being said, I was so annoyed with myself that I sat down at lunch one day, drew up a pretty grid, penned in the chapter numbers and wrote some of my favorite words like "Hot sex here" and "First kiss here". A long time ago, some CPs helped me figure out a problem I was having with a book by taking this simple approach: You know what happens in the first chapter (they meet) and you know how it ends (happily ever after). Taking teeny baby steps backwards, how do you get them there?
It worked then and it works now. Traveling from the end to the beginning, I discovered Ryder is one interesting guy. And he's far from shy. In fact... he's rather demanding.
Luckily for him, I found a heroine who is more than capable of going toe-to-toe with him. Believe me, Sophie Turner is one hot pistol with opinions and passions that rival his.
Yeah, I definitely have the "write" story for them this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment